Protect Your Home During Outages & Severe Weather
Capable of paralyzing a city for hours or days, Maryland snowstorms are often accompanied by power outages, hazardous road conditions, and bitter temperatures. As with all types of weather, preparation is key. The following tips and resources are designed to keep, your family, and your business safe throughout the storms.
Have a Winter Storm Preparation Kit
Since snow and ice can last several days or more, it’s important to have what you need to weather the storm. Gather the following items for your winter storm kit:
- Snow shovels & snow removal tools
- First aid supplies
- Coats, hats, gloves & extra blankets
- Flashlights & candles
- One gallon of water per person per day
- Non-perishable emergency food
- Charged cell phone & power inverter
- NOAA weather radio
- Firewood or a heating fuel
- Spare batteries
When the Storm Hits
When the forecast calls for dangerous conditions, protect your family, pets and guest by:
- Keeping vehicle fuels and ready
- Relocating pets to warm areas with plenty of fresh water
- Keeping faucets at a slow drip to prevent freezing
- Using a standby generator to keep the power on
- Layering clothing to stay warm.
- Scheduling regular HVAC and Electrical Inspections twice a year to ensure that equipment works when you need it most.
We want you to be safe and well informed, and remember even during the weather we are available 24/7 for any emergency service