We Are Experts in Electric
Bailey & Shipp Electric is a full service residential and commercial electrical contractor, and we are proud to serve areas within Maryland, Washington DC and Virginia. Bailey & Shipp Electric began with 2 individuals who ran successful electricial businesses on their own and realized that they could become stronger together. They combined their knowledge and expertise to bring customers the very best electrical services available in Washington D.C. Since 2006 Bailey & Shipp Electric has been putting our customers first and delivering only the highest quality work to both residential and commercial clients. You can trust that with our expertise, we will get the job right the very first time. No one knows electric like we do.
Contact our Washington D.C. electrical experts today for an appointment.
What to Know About Washington D.C.
We are proud to do service the Washington D.C. area, an area central to our country’s culture. Washington DC is a central spot for American history and current politics, as well as a wonderful place to call home. This unique area attracts tourists from all over the world due to the vast amount of museums, memorials and national monuments. The residents of this community deserve the very best when it comes to electrical services. That’s why we strive to only perform top-notch workmanship to the customer’s we serve. We love D.C.
Our Washington D.C. Electricians Provide the Following Services:
- Recessed Lighting
- Panel Upgrades/Replacement
- Whole House Surge Protectors
- EV Chargers
- Ceiling Fans
- Hot Tub Hook Ups
- And much more!
5 Signs You Have an Electrical Problem at Home
Electrical problems don’t happen often but when they do, you can’t just ignore them because they won’t work themselves out. Considering that these problems can cause electrocution and severe property damage, you ought to deal with them as soon as possible. For Bailey & Shipp Electric, here are the signs that your system needs an immediate electrical repair.
What Are the Signs of Electrical Problems?
- You Have Faulty Outlets or Switches - An electrical outlet that doesn’t power an appliance or a switch that doesn’t turn a light on should tip you off that something’s amiss. The device itself could be defective, or there could be loose wiring. Either way, it has to be checked professionally as it could be a shock hazard.
- You Notice Your Circuit Breaker Trips Frequently -Circuit breakers are designed to turn off during electrical overloads to prevent wires from overheating and starting a fire. Most licensed residential electricians would say that the older they get, the more they tend to trip. You should call your professional Washington D.C. electrician when your circuit breaker cuts the electrical supply frequently, as that can be a cause for concern.
- You Experience a Shock from Appliances - Some shocks come from static electricity, but feeling a mild tingle when touching an appliance is a different story. The culprit could be a ground fault in the equipment or faulty wiring. Take it seriously to avoid accidents.
- You Smell Something Burning - A burning smell coming from light switches and electrical outlets can indicate many things, but one thing’s certain: it could potentially lead to a fire. Call in a qualified Washington D.C. electrical specialist to investigate the matter.
- You Have Flickering Bulbs - When lights flicker, the problem is usually with the bulb or the fixture. However, don’t dismiss worn-out wiring. Only an experienced electrician can properly diagnose the problem and perform an apt repair.
Handle home electrical issues with Bailey & Shipp Electric. We are home to licensed electricians in Washington D.C. that put a premium on customer service, and provide emergency repairs.
Contact Us for All Your Electrical Services in Washington D.C.
Bailey & Shipp Electric has been dedicated to serving residents for several years. Our Washington D.C. electrical technicians live locally and love to the work they do in their community. Our expert technicians will deliver the very best in workmanship all while keeping your needs as their number one priority.
Give us a call today to see how we can help you with any and all of your electrical needs. Reach out to our electricians in Washington D.C. at (410) 457-3507 or fill out our online contact form. We look forward to providing you services for all your electrical needs.
When we say the customer comes first, we mean it. We treat each of our customers with the care they deserve to be treated.
FULLY STOCKEDOur trained technicians drive fully stocked vans so they always have the proper parts to fix whatever problem you may have.
A vital element of all electrical work is safety. Our customers and employees matter to us and ensuring both their safety and yours is important to us.
We give 100% to each job, big or small! As a testament to that, all our services are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Licensed and TrainedOur technician go through a rigorous training and receive upgraded training throughout the year, keeping them up on all the latest codes and procedures.
24/7 EMERGENCY SERVICE
We’re standing by ready to help you no matter what time an electrical emergency strikes. If you have an emergency, we're available 24/7!
From the office to the technicians that service your home or business you know you have the right team behind you.
"After phoning Bailey and Shipp Electric this morning after we lost a wall of sockets yesterday afternoon, I was amazed when I got a call from Ricky, one of their courteous and talented technicians, that he was on his way only hours later!"- Melanie T.
"As usual, john did a great job. We just moved here to a new (to us) home and it’s been great to have honest people come in over the last few months to repair and replace things that have come up."- Rachel W.
"Bailey & Shipp provided excellent service from the initial call through the completion of services. Bob was very helpful and was able to work with me to get me scheduled and his follow-up to secure my appointment was impressive."- Royce T.
"Excellent provider of electrical systems and repairs...good communication."- Bill H.
Experience Is Great!
"I have worked with Bailey & Shipp Electric on several projects over the last few years. Each experience has been great. Right off the bat the person who answers the phone, Bob, is knowledgeable and professional."- Scott O.