Electricians in Chesapeake, MD
Count on Us for All Your Electric Needs
Bailey & Shipp Electric is a full service residential and commercial electrical contractor, and we are proud to serve areas within Maryland, Washington DC and Virginia. Bailey & Shipp Electric began with 2 individuals who ran successful electrical businesses on their own and realized that they could become stronger together. They combined their knowledge and expertise to bring customers the very best electrical services in Chesapeake, MD. Since 2006 Bailey & Shipp Electric has been putting our customers first and delivering only the highest quality work to both residential and commercial clients. You can trust that with our expertise, we will get the job right the very first time. No one knows electric like we do.
Call our team at (410) 457-3507 to schedule an appointment with our Chesapeake electricians.
What to Know About Chesapeake
This charming area is the only spot in Maryland that is positioned on an operating commercial canal, and it draws a lot of attention from residents of surrounding communities as well as tourists. The town is so appealing because much of its original 19th-century architecture remains intact and in use by residents and businesses. We are delighted to provide local residents and businesses of Chesapeake, MD with our electrical services and value the community, and our customers who reside within it, above anything else.
Services Our Chesapeake Electricians Provide:
- Panel Upgrades/Replacement
- EV Charging Stations
- Whole House Surge Protectors
- Recessed Lighting
- Ceiling Fans
- Hot Tub Hook Ups
- And much more!
Common Electrical Problems in Your Home
Most electrical problems are no DIY ventures for the dangerous nature of electricity in inexperienced hands. With any electrical mishap it is best to call your local Chesapeake electrician to diagnose the problem and provide an efficient and long lasting solution. We are here to help and answer any questions or concerns you have.
Problem #1: Flickering or Blinking Lights
- Diagnosis: Poor connection at some point in the circuit. If the phenomenon occurs throughout the house, the cause may also be a faulty main wire connection.
- Solution: Hire an electrician to locate and repair the source of the problematic connection.
Problem #2: Recessed Light Goes on and Off
- Diagnosis: A built-in safety mode that prevents the light from overheating. This usually implies that the wrong fixture or wrong wattage of the bulb is in use or that the ceiling-space insulation is touching the recessed light fixture.
- Solution: Replace the bulb.
Problem #3: Some Lights Go Extra Bright While Others Dim Out, Popping Bulbs, Electrical Appliances Die Out
- Diagnosis: A faulty main neutral connection is causing this condition.
- Solution: Have a licensed Chesapeake electrical pro immediately repair main neutral connection to prevent the deterioration of the electrical equipment.
Problem #4: Circuit Breaker Trips When High-Wattage Items Are in Use
- Diagnosis: There is an overload on the circuit.
- Solution: Either limit the use of high wattage items such as microwaves or hair dryers on the same circuit or have an electrical contractor install a separate circuit dedicated to heavy wattage appliances.
Problem #5: Receptacle Stopped Working
- Diagnosis: Loose connection due to a back-wired receptacle (wires connected directly to the back of the receptacle instead of being wrapped around the screw).
- Solution: Have an electrician in Chesapeake locate and replace all the back wired receptacles in the home. In some cases the source of the problem is not a back wired receptacle but a loose neutral connection – this too will also require professional handling.
Problem #6: No electrical power in the home
- Diagnosis: Loose connection at the point where the power company wires feed to the service wires in your Chesapeake home. This faulty connection can also be located further out, somewhere along in the power companies system.
- Solution: Hire a professional electrician to locate and repair the loose connection. Until the problem is fixed, retrain from using any 220V appliances such as your electric cooktop or range, central AC or electric dryer.
Problem #7: Fishy Smelling Receptacle/Switch
- Diagnosis: A seriously damaged electrical device.
- Solution: Don’t ignore the fishy odor as it signals a serious electrical problem. Turn the power off to the smelly appliance and immediately call an electrician for a prompt solution.
Problem #8: Spikes and Surges
- Diagnosis: Spikes are brief bursts of extra voltage while surges are longer bursts of too much voltage. Both have the ability to destroy electronics instantly or overtime. Both can be caused by external disturbances like storms, or by automatic or manual turning off of microwave ovens, air conditioners, coffee makers or power tools.
- Solution: Have your Chesapeake electrician install plug-in surge protectors to safeguard individual electronic items against surges, spikes, electrical noise and outside disturbances.
Problem #9: Sags, Dips and Power Outages
- Diagnosis: Sags and dips are short periods of low voltage while power outages or blackouts are periods of no electric power. While sags and dips can be caused when an electrical appliance draws power as it is switched on, blackouts are usually the result of harsh weather, damaged equipment of the power company or short circuits in the home. Sags, dips and outages can cause data loss or damage to computers, answering machines, microwaves, and faxes and other electronic devices that use memory.
- Solution: Have a Chesapeake electrical contractor install Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) units. UPS units operate “online” to filter out power disturbances and provide free flowing electricity during normal conditions. UPS units are equipped with battery backup systems in case of a blackout.
Get in Touch for Electrical Services in Chesapeake Today!
Bailey & Shipp Electric has been serving Chesapeake region for several years and we look forward to providing you the highest quality workmanship and customer service. Our skilled technicians are experts in electric and value your needs and safety above and beyond anything else. At Bailey & Shipp Electric, we put our customers first.
Get in touch with us today to learn how our Chesapeake electrical services can benefit you. Call us at (410) 457-3507 or reach out through our online contact form.
Our Promise to You
When we say the customer comes first, we mean it. We treat each of our customers with the care they deserve to be treated.
FULLY STOCKEDOur trained technicians drive fully stocked vans so they always have the proper parts to fix whatever problem you may have.
A vital element of all electrical work is safety. Our customers and employees matter to us and ensuring both their safety and yours is important to us.
We give 100% to each job, big or small! As a testament to that, all our services are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Licensed and TrainedOur technician go through a rigorous training and receive upgraded training throughout the year, keeping them up on all the latest codes and procedures.
24/7 EMERGENCY SERVICE
We’re standing by ready to help you no matter what time an electrical emergency strikes. If you have an emergency, we're available 24/7!
From the office to the technicians that service your home or business you know you have the right team behind you.
"After phoning Bailey and Shipp Electric this morning after we lost a wall of sockets yesterday afternoon, I was amazed when I got a call from Ricky, one of their courteous and talented technicians, that he was on his way only hours later!"- Melanie T.
"As usual, john did a great job. We just moved here to a new (to us) home and it’s been great to have honest people come in over the last few months to repair and replace things that have come up."- Rachel W.
"Bailey & Shipp provided excellent service from the initial call through the completion of services. Bob was very helpful and was able to work with me to get me scheduled and his follow-up to secure my appointment was impressive."- Royce T.
"Excellent provider of electrical systems and repairs...good communication."- Bill H.
Experience Is Great!
"I have worked with Bailey & Shipp Electric on several projects over the last few years. Each experience has been great. Right off the bat the person who answers the phone, Bob, is knowledgeable and professional."- Scott O.